Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sick-day with Daddy

Someone remind me next time - that this may or may not be a good idea.

Both girls ran fevers and felt a little yucky over the weekend. I stayed home with them Monday, The Cowboy had to run all over creation, bulls to here, bulls to there - every where a bull -- HA HA!

Little Bit was still running a bit of a fever but acting very much like herself so she stayed with daddy today - I would come home early so he could fix some fences - the cows thought it would be a 'fun' girls night out last night - I think they played tag, around and inside the barn and one mamma must have missed her baby because she bawled for it all night long.

We rode around this afternoon looking for new babies. Left the two big kids to play near the pond and went to check the creek bottom pasture. Little Bit thought she could ride in the back, like the big kids, no, nope, sorry, not going to happen - not while I'm watching.

The Cowboy said it must be a rude awakening for her, she has gotten to do what she wanted today. What?

Little Bit, you are not going to eat that ice cream in my truck - No. OK.

Little Bit, you can't have that umptenth glass of chocolate milk - No. OK let me pour you another one.

Little Bit, we are going this way. No. OK we'll go that way.

Little Bit, We are not going to feed the horses carrots right now. No. OK, here are more carrots for Penny.

I asked how in the world are we going to have a united front against this battle of the wills if you give in?? He answers - I couldn't help it, I didn't want to fight with her. She's just too cute.

Heaven, help us, please.

1 comment:

ASH said...

sounds like Ben with Aubree!!!!!!!!!!!