Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I saw Him Standing there

It was family fun night.

I did not want to go. Just one more thing on the to-do list. It was mandatory.

My school has a family fun night every other month. Last year I managed to get out of it - play ignorance or something, this year -nope, not happening - no way, no how. Not only is it mandatory for me as a teacher bu my two older kids are now students there. Double whammy - no way, no how am I getting out of this - now or forever. OK maybe at the end of the year or forever, whichever comes first.

It was craft night - WOO HOO - sure, whatever. I needed reinforcements - I needed The Cowboy the corral the kids - ALL 3 of them, while I maned my table - the one where we made some cheesy foam stockings.

It turns out - the kids stayed together, going from table to table completely happy and continent! Cowboy Jr. did his own thing while The Princess kept up with Little Bit. Little Bit was right at home. Almost literally, we spend enough time there and she has warmed up to every teacher and runs and hugs most of them.

This left The Cowboy with no duties, besides visiting with friends - I think he was pleasantly surprised.

I'm busy helping kids with tacky glue - wishing for a wet wipe or something besides my jeans on which to wipe my hands and then I look up..........

To gaze upon him holding a baby. OH MY- my heart skipped a beat. Be still my heart! My Cowboy is holding a baby.

What is it about seeing a big strong man just holding a baby that just, just gets you like that? I catch his eye and say 'I want another one.'

He rolls his eyes and gives the baby back, knowing I mean it but also knowing it could never happen and probably thinking I'd lost my mind.

I blame the tacky glue, or the baby but mostly The Cowboy.

1 comment:

ASH said...

hahaha.....you are sooo funny! Have those thophughts and then they Quickly leave!